As I meditate on the last two memory verses in the pre-retreat study for the Women’s retreat I leave on tomorrow, trying to digest them more fully, the nurse in me begins to consider the “foreskin” and the reasons for it being so important that we circumcise ourselves to the Lord by deliberately removing the foreskin of the heart; and why it is vital that He be the lead surgeon in that circumcision for us and our descendants. Here is what I find:
- The foreskin is folds of flesh whose sole purpose is to hide the true organ: it is a façade.
- These folds of flesh are difficult to keep clean, thus making them excellent breeding ground for filth, bacteria, and disease.
- This fold of flesh can refuse to retract, keeping the true organ hidden, hindering proper function, which can cause pain and further disease. Or…
- This fold of flesh can either get stuck in a retracted position or left improperly circumcised leaving a ring of flesh around the organ, thus restricting and cutting off proper blood flow, causing the true organ to swell, develop gangrene, and if not properly treated, bringing death to the true organ.
- Once gangrenous death sets in, if the organ is not cut away completely from the rest of the body, it causes sepsis to seep out to the body.
- Sepsis untreated brings death to the entire organism: of which the church is a living organism.
Therefore, beloved, make sure that you “…Break up your fallow ground, and do not sow among thorns. Circumcise yourselves to the Lord and remove the foreskins of your heart…” by cooperating fully as God the Father and our Great Physician works to “circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, in order that you may live” ~ Jeremiah 4:3b-4a, Deuteronomy 30:6.
6 thoughts on “The Importance of Circumcision”
Reblogged this on oogenhand and commented:
A Christian perspective on circumcision.
What is your position on physical circumcision? I expect it to be rather positive.
The reasons stated for spiritual circumcision are the same reasons for physical circumcision. Most all of God’s commands like circumcision, certain foods being taboo, etc. have a spiritual purpose that is also seen in the physical. Unclean foods were unclean early on because unless properly cared for before and after serving them, they brought disease to the one eating it. It was unclean for consumption, therefore it was unclean for use in the rituals of worship. The uncircumcised male chances having all the issues mentioned in this devotional thought.
Besides all that, having intimate relations for the uncircumcised male can and often elicits much pain.
My mother always talked about the issue of cervical cancer.
Reblogged this on Living Worshipers' Rally Point and commented:
Hello, Family of God. I share this pondering with you to let you know I will be unable to post for a week while I draw apart with the Lord and some of our Sisters in retreat. Until next week, consider this pondering and perhaps check out some missed posts on Living Worshipers Rally Point. You are in my heart and in my prayers. BLESSings, Darlene