“These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me.” (John 16:3 NASB)
Do you ever wonder what’s going on in a world gone crazy, amazed at how people are behaving? Jesus reminds that such things are done by those who do not truly know the Father or His Son.
Why are we so shocked to see people of a lost world acting worldly? Scripture teaches that evil in the world will continue to increase, being at its worst as we draw near to the Day of Christ’s return. Things are crazy and people out of control because we draw ever nearer to that day. The enemy of God gains ever-increasing control as people refuse God, and as hearts grow cold and unable to truly love.
What should we do?
– Keep our lamps lit through the continual filling of God’s Spirit and stand ready.
– Draw ever closer to God.
– Be ready to bear witness of His grace and to speak wisdom, truth, righteousness, love, and peace wherever we can.
– Don’t waste breath on those who will not hear, nor cast the pearls of God’s Word before swine.
– Keep your heart from hate and your steps from foolishness.
– Remember that bad company corrupts good morals.
– Live the Light of God in all you do.
– And remember the true battle, while involving humans possessed and deceived, is a spiritual one against an evil enemy army. (Ephesians 6:12 NASB)
– Keep your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of faith.
That Great Day is dawning, Beloved. Stand ready!